This Medical is a full health check designed not only to try and pick up any early signs of Cardiovascular Disease (causes heart attacks and stroke) and Cancer, but also to educate you about your health and actually try to prevent you developing cardiovascular disease. This is known as Primary Prevention.
To book Private Executine Medical please call our Reception on 01-8290902 or e-mail email@example.com
We usually schedule executive medicals for the morning sessions, as we like you to attend Fasting i.e., nothing to eat or drink for the preceding 10-12 hours. It is easier to do this whilst asleep, and this allows your body’s metabolism to achieve baseline levels. Please note if you have a medical condition that may be affected by this, or you are on any medication, you should discuss this by phone or email with the Doctor before attending / embarking on your fast.
You will have a full medical with the Doctor, which includes a full Medical History and Examination. We have both Male & Female Doctors and it is our policy that all personal examinations are chaperoned. Obviously, if there is any part of the examination that you do not require it is entirely at your discretion. After this our nurse will take Blood tests (please see full list below) and also perform Full Vision Screen (please bring your spectacles / lenses if you use same). We then finish off the medical with a Resting ECG. The Doctor will collate all the data and prepare a report which will be forwarded to you with any advice or suggestions which you can follow up, either with us or your GP. We aim to make your medical an enjoyable and educational experience.
Blood Tests included:
- Full Blood Count – checks your blood iron and marrow / immune system function
- U&E – checks kidney function
- LFT’s – checks liver function
- Fasting Lipid Profile – checks Cholesterol and sub-fractions – good, bad and ugly
- Fasting Glucose – checks for tendency to Diabetes
- TSH – checks thyroid function
- PSA – prostate blood test – men only
Additional blood tests if required:
- HIV Screen
- Hepatitis screen
- STD Screen
- ESR / CRP
- Rheumatoid Screen
Please ask the Doctor or Nurse if you have any additional requirements regarding blood tests, preferably before attending, to enable us to facilitate same if at all possible. Tests included in Executive Medical Examination: Female:
- Breast Examination and teach self examination.
- Cervical/ Pap Smear Test – ideally you should be ‘mid cycle’ i.e., 14 days after start of period.
- Scrotal Exam / Testicular check
- Prostate Check / Digital rectal examination.
Male and Female:
- Bowel Check – either Digital rectal examination or ‘home bowel check kit’
- Urinalysis – medical screen only
- Referral letter for Chest X-Ray if recommended by the doctor based on your medical history.
– We can also offer advice and treatment regarding family planning, fertility, contraception and critical appraisal of ongoing treatments Medical or otherwise. – We also provide minor surgical treatments if required. – We are an Internationally Registered Yellow Fever Centre and can provide all your Travel Vaccine requirements. TOTAL COST OF FULL EXECUTIVE MEDICAL €280.00